Sunday, January 23, 2011

Why Can't I Just Have the Will Power to DO IT???

So I've had this list of things that I should be doing better on.
Personal Scripture Study
Journal Writing
Piano Practicing...
I just never get around to actually doing these things.
I forget... sometimes.
I say "it can wait"... sometimes.
I think "I've done enough for today"... sometimes. 
I think "well homework and this and that is more important." ... sometimes.

When will I get the will power to say "Okay, I am going to go do this right now. I don't really want to, but I know that I should be doing it."

It seems like it will never come.
I know that it's my own choice.

Some girls in my ward were saying at mutual the other day, "Ya, I write in my journal every night. I'm kind of OCD about it. I have to write down everything, even what I eat at every meal." and "I try to read at least a page in my scriptures every night, but it doesn't feel like hardly anything."

UGGGHH!!!

I know that it's true. They actually do those things. And yes, I know that the average person does not keep a journal that way. I just wish that I could get into good habits.

Well, Maybe tonight, I will get ready for bed just a little earlier so that I can write in my journal and read my scriptures. I will practice piano just a little longer. I know that it will pay off.

Maybe all I need is a start. It has to get easier, right??

2 comments:

  1. You should write about what a fabulous friend I am, and how much you absolutely love me. haha But seriously.

    Love,

    Your favorite friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha that is so funny and same with me! I usually only practice like twice a week... Ha ha

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!!