Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I found it! I found the will power!! And that first step worked WONDERS!!

Remember this post about how I am no good at practicing piano, writing in my journal, and I always forget to read my scriptures?
Well... I'm here to tell you... I found it!! The will power!! The piano part I sorta just came up with... I LOVE practicing the piano. I practiced for like 1 1/2 (Okay, maybe a little less) hours the other day. :)

Journal?? Okay, I'm still pretty bad at this one, but I guess this is kinda journaling? Right?

Scriptures: This is my favorite one. I think that my problem was that I couldn't really understand very well what I was reading. I decided to switch from reading the BOM to the Docterine and Covenants for a while. Doing this made all the difference. D&C is so easy to read and understand, and it is filled with awesome scriptures. (Seriously, I think my marking pencil is tired.)
Now, about sixty sections into D&C, I love reading my scriptures. I realized that it doesn't matter if you fully understand what is going on in the story. Maybe I just have to try and focuse on what that chapter is telling me. If I can understand and see the big story and picture, then that helps a lot. But sometimes you just have to accept that you don't understand that part right now and move on.
As my seminary teacher says, the scriptures are full of hidden treasures. I think I am starting to understand that.


Yay!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!!